Delicious chocolate chip chickpea blondies that are flourless, refined sugar free, and gluten free, and super gooey on the inside.
- 1 1/4 (240 grams) cups of chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) of natural almond butter (or peanut butter, but without additives). I made my own almond butter by running 165 grams of almonds for quite some time in the food processor until it became a butter
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) natural sweetener such as coconut sugar, maple syrup or black strap molasses. Less sweetener is also good!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) vegan chocolate chips/nibs
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius degrees/ 350 Fahrenheit. Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips in a food processor until you have a smooth, homogeneous mass. Then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet lined with baking paper, put a spoonful of the batter, using a fork or your (wet) fingers to make the shape you like (square or round). Bake 10-15 minutes until the blondies are golden brown and enjoy. Easy, right?
- I think they are the best when they’re warm. So store them in the fridge and put them just a few minutes in the oven before serving. But eating them cold is also no problem! You can keep them in the fridge for about a week.
It’s better to use a food processor for this recipe and not a blender, the batter is too heavy for this. Oh and chickpeas flour will not work in this recipe.