These vegan gingerbread bites are the best holiday treat! The crispy outside and the gingerbread filling, make these bites irresistible. These bites are a delicious holiday treat, a snack on-the-go or even a quick breakfast.
- 1 ½ (130 grams) walnuts and pecans (mixed)
- 1 cup packed (185 grams / about 8) soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup (100 grams) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pack oblaten/paper wafers (about 50)*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon all spice / piment
- ½ teaspoon macis (spice made from nutmeg kernel)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses*
Add the walnuts, pecans and oats to a food processor. Blend until well incorporated.
Add the pitted Medjool dates and process until you create a dough consistency.
Add in the other ingredients and process.
Wet your fingers and roll the mixture into small balls. I use a teaspoon to create balls more or less the same size.
Place each ball on a wafer paper and press lightly. Cover with another wafer paper. Continue until you have finished the entire mixture.
Place the bites in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 5-10 minutes or until the wafer papers are golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on the bites as the wafer paper can burn easily.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: easy, snack, treat, dessert, holiday, gingerbread, bites