A perfect easy salad with flavors that combine so beautifully. The crunchy cashews, with the savory tamari, fresh herbs and soft peas make this salad taste amazing. This salad is easy to take for lunch on the go as well.
- 3 cups (375 gram) green peas
- 1,5 cups cooked millet / 7 tablespoons cooked millet (quinoa is also nice)
- handful coriander fresh (parsley or mint is also tasty)
- one onion, diced
- half a cup cashews (unsalted and unroasted)
- a teaspoon of coconut oil to bake the onion
- two tablespoons of tamari
- juice of half a lime
- black pepper to taste
- a teaspoon of dried garlic powder
- Cook the millet and set aside. In the meanwhile cook/steam your peas shortly and mix this with the millet. Now, fry your onion in the coconut oil until golden brown. When the onions are almost done add the cashews and the tamari to heat it shortly. Add the baked onions and cashews to the millet and green peas, Stir well and add the fresh coriander and the dried garlic powder. Add black pepper to taste, combine all well and serve. This salad is delicious either cold or warm.