Easy, oil-free crispy hash browns are made at home. You will only need one ingredient: good potatoes. This recipe is lighter and healthier than most traditional recipes for hash browns. You’ll see that you don’t need a single drop of oil to create that irresistible crisp.
- 4 medium sized peeled organic potatoes, this is about 650 grams (peeled)
- optional :¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- optional : ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- You can peel the potatoes first, which is what I do for this recipe.
- If you don’t peel your potatoes, scrub the potatoes clean first and rinse them.
- Preheat your griddle or oven.
- Take out your food processor or grater. Grate the potatoes with the biggest grate disc or on a large-holed cheese grater.
- In a sieve, rinse the grated potato well under running water. Drain and shake out any excess water.
- If you flavor the grated potatoes, transfer the grated potatoes to a bowl and toss it with garlic powder, onion powder and any other spices/herbs you like.
- Spread the potatoes over the griddle in an even (not too thin) layer. Let the potatoes roast for 20 minutes in the griddle. After that start checking every 5 minutes to see if your hash browns are ready (crispy and golden brown). Total grilling time is about 20-30 minutes.
- When done, serve the hash browns warm with some stir-fried vegetables or fresh greens.