Delicious vegan cookies with hazelnuts and chia seeds. These cookies are filling, crunchy, have a little hint of sweetness and are gooey on the inside.
- 1,5 cups (185 g) hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- ¾ cup (80 g) raisins
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 big tablespoons (30 g) coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw flaxseed or flaxseed meal and 2 1/2 tablespoon water (once this has thickened it is also referred to as a vegan flax seeds egg)
- Add flax seeds and water to a little bowl and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Blend all the ingredients expect for the ”flaxseed egg” in the food processor and mix until smooth. Add the ”flaxseed egg” and mix shortly again. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter per cookie onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies a bit with the palm of your hand or the back of a (wet) spoon. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown. Let the cookies cool before you enjoy.