An easy recipe for delicious homemade dairy-free oat milk. With just two basic ingredients you can make this delicious dairy free drink. Great for porridge, coffee, sweets and so much more.
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats (100 g)
- 3–4 cups water (750 ml – 1 litre), depending on how thick you like your milk
- Soak the oats in cold water overnight or soak the oats in hot water for at least 20 minutes. This is not necessary. If you’re in a rush skip the soaking all together.
- After soaking, drain the oats and wash them (discard the soaking water).
- Blend the oats with 3 to 4 cups of water (750 ml to 1 liter) for a few seconds.
- Serve/store the milk or strain the milk using a cheesecloth, a strainer or a nut milk bag.
- Store in a sealed bottle/container in the fridge for up to 5 days.