These delicious Dutch Spice Cookies aka Kruidnoten are a treat to serve with its distinctive spices and small crunchy shapes these cookies are irresistible.
- 1 1/4 cup (200 grams) almond flour or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) coconut sugar
- 1 big tablespoon pumpkin spice or if you can find it speculaaskruiden
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- ~ 1/4 cup (50 grams) coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- optional: extra teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 325°F /160°C.
Mix the almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice and salt in a bowl. Mix half of the coconut oil through and add the milk little by little. Continue to mix and knead until you have a smooth dough. If the dough is not soft enough, add some extra coconut oil and when it is too wet add a little extra bit of flour.
Line a baking dish or baking pan with parchment paper. Make small balls out of the dough and place on the parchment paper; or do what I did, line the dough flat on parchment paper and scoop out rounds with a tiny glass.
Bake the gingernuts for about 20 minutes until tender and allow them to cool before serving.
Keywords: kruidnoten, gluten free