This Quick Curried Lentils with carrrots and chickpeas is simple, requires just 20 minutes, 1 saucepan (plus a pot for the lentils), and just a few ingredients to make!
- A good handful (per plate) of rocket salad or any other leafy green you like
- 2 cups/200 grams of red lentils, rinsed and cooked in 4 cups of water
- 100 grams/one cup of cooked chickpeas
- one big carrot, cut in little slices/chunks
- one clove of garlic, minced
- half an onion, cut in pieces
- two teaspoons of curry powder
- a dash of turmeric (optional)
- a few dashes of dried ginger or grate half a teaspoon of fresh ginger
- a teaspoon of coconut oil (optional, you can use water instead)
- a tablespoon of parsley
- two tablespoons of almonds (soaked in water for a few hours and rinsed)
- Cook the lentils in the 4 cups of water.
- Meanwhile heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan and add the onion to that. Once they become soft add the carrot slice/chunks. Add the chickpeas now to the saucepan as well. I used chickpeas from a glass jar and rinsed them very well under running water. Add all the (dried) spices now and finish with the garlic. When the lentils are done (this will take about 8 min), add them as well. Serve on a plate with the green leaves and the soaked almonds.