This plant-based red bean carrot salad with dill is loaded with protein and fibres. Easy to make and filling.
- 300 grams of red (kidney) beans
- 3 teaspoons (dried) dill
- 3 large carrots (grated or run through a food processor)
- dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon vinegar to taste and/or juice of one lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of dried garlic
- a teaspoon of olive oil
- 80 grams (one cup) cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado (half per person)
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss well until all the beans are saturated. Pour the bean salad in a serving bowl, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least half an hour. Serve chilled. This is delicious the next day as well. Keeps for about two days in the fridge.