If you have no clue what to do with endives this is your recipe. These roasted endives with orange and garlic make a perfect side dish or starter.
- 2 endives (about 1 per person)
- 1/2 orange, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves (use more if you wish)
- optional: salt to taste
- 1–2 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1–2 tsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1–2 tsp basil (dried or fresh)
- ~for the dressing~
- 1 tbs date syrup or coconut syrup (or honey for non-vegans)
- 2 tbs balsamico
- 2 tbs soy sauce or tamari
- juice of half an orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C ).
- Slice the endives in half lengthwise.
- In a little bowl whisk together the date syrup, balsamico, soy sauce and orange juice. Set aside.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut in slices.
- Peel and slice the orange.
- Place the endives in the oven (side up) and place the garlic cloves on top of the andives. Drizzle the dressing over the andives.
- Add the orange slices on top of the endives together with the thyme, rosemary, cumin, and basil. Roast for about 20 minutes or until soft and brown.