Easy yogurt bowl with delicious pan roasted strawberries! Roast your strawberries and enjoy for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
PAN ROASTED STRAWBERRIES
- 1 lb / 450 gr fresh strawberries, stems removed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons date syrup or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup of your favorite unsweetened plant-based yogurt such as soy yogurt, coconut yogurt, oat yogurt or almond yogurt
- 1/3 cup muesli or oat granola (per person), like a mixture of fine rolled oats, roasted buckwheat groats and sunflower seeds
Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Slice the strawberries lengthwise.
Add to a non-stick pan, I use this pan. Heat the pan to medium heat.
Toss strawberries with the date syrup on medium heat.
Stir occasionally so all strawberries will release moist and are covered with the date syrup.
Roast until caramelized and juicy (but not falling apart) for about 10-20 minutes. In the last minutes add the vanilla extract.
To make the roasted strawberry yogurt bowl, serve strawberries warm over yogurt with fine rolled oats, roasted buckwheat and sunflower seeds. Or a any other topping you prefer.
Serve immediately or let cool and serve cold with cold yogurt.
Store leftovers roasted strawberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
this recipe card contains affiliate links to produts I love
Keywords: strawberries, pan roasted, vegan, breakfast, sweet, dessert, oil-free