This Vegan Garlic Mashed Cauliflower is an easy way to lighten up a heavy meal, serve a great side dish or even a delicious dip. It is creamy, flavorful, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3–4 large (roasted) garlic cloves (I like more garlic)
- 2 tablespoons of spring onions (2 little stalks)
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large saucepan with water and place a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil, and add the cauliflower florets.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, allowing the cauliflower to steam for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the steamed cauliflower, then transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves, rosemary, almond milk, nutritional yeast, oil, salt and pepper, and process until smooth or to your desired texture. Pulse until combined.
- Serve and top with spring onions and nutritional yeast.
- Serving Size: 2