Vegan fluffy pancakes without bananas and a few easy tricks! It’s the easiest recipe ever. This recipe is also gluten-free and oil-free. My advice? Make a big batch and you will have a healthy easy delicious breakfast all week long.
- ~ wet ingredients ~
- ½ cup / 120 ml plant-based milk
- ½ cup / 6 tbsp vegan yoghurt (I use soy yogurt)
- 1 tsp / 5 ml vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml date syrup (you could use any sweetener you like)
- 1/3 cup / 100 gr unsweetened applesauce
- zest and juice of 1 medium organic lemon
- ½ cup / 120 ml carbonated/seltzer water
- toppings: extra lemon zest, date syrup and yogurt
- ~ dry ingredients ~
- 1 ½ cup / 200 gr oat flour (just blend rolled oats in a blender) OR self-rising flour OR plain flour
- 1 tsp / 7 gr baking powder
- 1 tsp / 7 gr bicarbonate soda/ baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a non-stick skillet, pan or griddle on low heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until well combined and the batter is runny but thick.
- Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of the batter onto the dry skillet, make a circle if you don’t use a pancake ring. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes (this all depends on the pan, skillet, griddle you are using) before flipping onto the other side. The top should have some bubbles and a spatula should easily slide under. If this is not possible, give it some more time. Once flipped, cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with some vegan yoghurt, date syrup and extra lemon zest. You can try out any other topping you like. Fresh fruits and jams are one of my other favorite toppings.
These pancakes can be kept in the fridge for a few days. Simply heat them up in a pan when you are ready to serve them.