This creamy white bean dip with herbs is light, oil-free, delicious and full with flavor. The tahini and herbs make this white bean dip nutritious and irresistible. With only a few basic ingredients you can make this oil-free dip too!
- 1 bunch of parsley, thick stems discarded
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon (~2 tablespoons/ 1 fl oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 240 grams can of Navy or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1/4 cup (~65 gr) runny tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 scoop superfood powder
Blend: Add the beans, parsley, dried basil, dried dill, garlic, lemon juice, green superfood powder and salt to a food processor with the S-blade attached.
Process for 30 seconds, until the herbs and beans are roughly chopped. Stop every 10-15 seconds to scrape down the sides of the machine with a spatula.
Blend again and pour the tahini over the beans, then blend. Slowly add the water too. Add more water if you want a thinner dip.
Serve: make sure the dip is balanced enough in terms of flavor. Taste the white bean dip and add any salt or lemon juice to taste, if necessary. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with additional fresh herbs and/or nuts/seeds.
Store: this dip can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The dip will thicken once refrigerated, but can be thinned out with a bit of lemon juice or water.
- Beans: 1 bowl of beans is roughly 1 ¼ cups of cooked beans, if you decide to cook your own beans at home and skip the glass jars
- Substitutions: feel free to mix or replace the herbs for any other tender herb. A mixture of for example cilantro and parsley or basil, dill, mint or oregano. This is totally up to you and a nice way to experiment with this recipe.
Keywords: appetizer, bean, dip, white beans, plant-based, oil-free, gluten-free, hummus, tahini, vegan