If you would like to eat more beans or if you’re looking for crispy croutons without oil or gluten then this white beans croutons recipe is perfect.
- 450 grams of cooked white giant beans or 250 grams uncooked beans
- Two tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano and / or marjoram
- Salt/oil is optional, but not necessary
- SIMPLE SPINACH SALAD:
- 2 hands full of spinach, cut into slices
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 red diced paprika
- 1 half medium cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 piece of celery, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Optional: fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds
- Soak the white beans overnight (or at least 6 hours) in four times the amount of water. The beans will expand a lot (double).
- The following day, rinse the beans very well under running water. You can skip the soaking part, but I find the beans easier to digest and the beans will also cook much faster after they have been soaked.
- Cook the beans well, which may take up to one hour (or longer), this often depends on the beans. I always use the [url: 2] Instant Pot [/ url] when I cook beans and this takes about 40 minutes. When the beans are ready, drain them. Mash the beans roughly with a fork or potato masher until you have a ”puree” with small chunks. I used a fork so I wouldn’t mash the beans completely.
- Add the ingredients for the croutons (except for the nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, marjoram and garlic powder) and combine well.
- Then make a 3 inch thick pizza form (round or square) of your mixture and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 °F until the beans turn brownish and look dry. Depending on your oven, this may take 30 minutes to an hour. It doesn’t look appetizing when it’s ready and dry, but it’s delicious!
- Remove from the oven and break into pieces. This can be done without any effort because there is nothing in this recipe that will bind the mixture, so it will fall apart by itself.
- Add the nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, marjoram and a teaspoon of garlic powder. The croutons can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
- SIMPLE SPINACH SALAD:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve with the white beans croutons.