Each and every bite of this Carrot Cashew Paté is like a little explosion of flavors. This glutenfree vegan paté is ready in a couple of minutes and makes a great spread on bread or crackers.
- 2 cups (315g) carrot, chopped into large pieces
- 1 (135g) cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (59ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (10g) fresh parsley or cilantro
- celtic sea salt to taste
- optional: 1 tablespoon (15g) fresh grated ginger
- Cut the carrots in chunks and place in the food processor.
- Process until there are no big chunks left.
- Rinse and drain the cashews and add them in the food processor with the carrots along with the almond butter, lemon juice, ginger, fresh herbs and salt.
- Finally, process until all is smooth.
- If needed, add salt to taste.