The recipe of this carrot cashew paté that I’m sharing with you today is a perfect example of how you can turn carrots with its amazing health benefits into a true delight: paté. This carrot cashew paté is ready in a few minutes and tastes so much better than the store bought vegan patés and spreads.
As you probably know I have this thing with carrots. You can wake me up in the middle of the night if you have a carrot soup or carrot juice to offer. However, I also love to grate my carrots or throw them in my food processor and make a quick carrot salad. And if I have my food processor out, why not try to make a paté, right? After several attempts this delicious carrot cashew paté was created. Mission accomplished!
This paté is delicious on (buckwheat) crackers, mixed in a salad, and it also makes a nice spread for on cucumber rounds. Each and every bite is like a little explosion of flavors. Yum!
This Carrot Cashew Paté is:
✔️ sugar free
✔️ vegan (let me rephrase: whole food plant-based)
✔️ oil free
✔️ easy to make & very deliciousPrint
Each and every bite of this Carrot Cashew Paté is like a little explosion of flavors. This glutenfree vegan paté is ready in a couple of minutes and makes a great spread on bread or crackers.
- 2 cups (315g) carrot, chopped into large pieces
- 1 (135g) cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (59ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (10g) fresh parsley or cilantro
- celtic sea salt to taste
- optional: 1 tablespoon (15g) fresh grated ginger
- Cut the carrots in chunks and place in the food processor.
- Process until there are no big chunks left.
- Rinse and drain the cashews and add them in the food processor with the carrots along with the almond butter, lemon juice, ginger, fresh herbs and salt.
- Finally, process until all is smooth.
- If needed, add salt to taste.