Thinking about autumn I start to imagine the recipes I could create with typical autumn produce.
✔️ Sweet potatoes
This soup is a warming soup because of the ginger. Especially if a ginger shot is way too much for you, you have to give this soup a try. Don’t worry, the ginger will only give this soup an extra zest.
Ginger provides an upset stomach and digestive relief. Since 80% of your immune system is in your gut, you want to keep it healthy and balanced. It will warm you up and lessen aches and pains that for example come with the cold and flu. Ginger is a perfect expectorant and can help break up mucus in the lungs. Ginger will also soothe a painful sore throats.
The soup is also low budget since you will need very few ingredients. You can even leave out the sweet potato if you want a soup that is not so thick or a bit more light.
There you go. An easy thick soup that will definitely be warming on a cold autumn day and keep the flu far away. Oh my…that even rhymes.
- 6 carrots
- ½ or a small sweet potatoes (or even less if you want the soup to be less thick)
- 1 ,5 cup of water or more if you want a thin soup. For a thin soup 600 ml water would be best.
- vegan organic broth (low in salt)
- 1 thumb of ginger cut in little pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic and a big teaspoon of coconut oil or the Royal Green garlic coconut oil (also one big teaspoon)
- oregano or basil (fresh or dried) about two teaspoons
- a teaspoon of lemon juice and some herbs to garnish
- Caramelize the garlic with the carrots in the oil. Just a couple of minutes to soften them. Then add the broth with the cups of water. Or more water if you want the soup to be less thick. Add the ginger and the sweet potatoes and let the soup simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Blend it all in the food processor, blender or use a hand mixer. You can also use a fork.
- To finish sprinkle the soup with a teaspoon of lemon juice and some herbs to garnish.
The Royal Green oil with garlic flavor that I used for this recipe is from the new Royal Green Cooking Creams line. Three 100% fragrance-free and organic flavors of coconut oil. I loved cooking with it. Once the oil is heated, a wonderful fragrance will fill your kitchen. With the garlic coconut oil, it was like I just heated a few cloves of fresh garlic in the pan. Delicious! Of course fresh is always best. I will use these as a spread, when in a rush or of course when I’m out of fresh produce.
Royal Green introduced the following flavors:
- Herbes de Provence
For more information and tips, click here.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)