This warming carrot ginger soup is an easy thick soup that will definitely be warming on a cold autumn day and will keep the flu far away due to the ginger. The sweet potatoes will make it a filling soup as well.
- 6 carrots
- 1/2 or a small sweet potatoes (or even less if you want the soup to be less thick)
- 1 ,5 cup of water or more if you want a thin soup. For a thin soup 600 ml water would be best.
- vegan organic broth (low in salt)
- 1 thumb of ginger cut in little pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic and a big teaspoon of coconut oil or the Royal Green garlic coconut oil (also one big teaspoon)
- oregano or basil (fresh or dried) about two teaspoons
- a teaspoon of lemon juice and some herbs to garnish
- Caramelize the garlic with the carrots in the oil. Just a couple of minutes to soften them. Then add the broth with the cups of water. Or more water if you want the soup to be less thick. Add the ginger and the sweet potatoes and let the soup simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Blend it all in the food processor, blender or use a hand mixer. You can also use a fork.
- To finish sprinkle the soup with a teaspoon of lemon juice and some herbs to garnish.