My veggies and my oven are pretty good friends. Especially when I want to clean out my fridge, I either throw all the left over veggies in a soup or I cut them up and roast them in the oven. However, with carrots I always used left overs to make a juice or I would grate them for in my salads so I would also benefit from the fibres, but roasting them never really occurred to me. But let me tell you one thing, carrot fries are really amazing!
There is something magical happening when you roast carrots for the right amount of time with the right spices. Together with the taste of roasted oranges, this recipe is a true winner.
Time and spices will make this such a great snack, side dish or lunch. I normally add some home made hummus and a simple salad and I have my perfect lunch!
Yes, you will have to bring out your herbs and spices for this recipe. But oh, your body will thank you. Herbs and spices are extremely powerful and a little bit can go a long way. I sprinkle my herbs and spices generously on any dish if possible…Bring it on!
If you have some carrots, give this recipe a try! You will love it! And don’t forget to share your creation with me on social media with #thegreencreator. I truly LOVE to see your pictures and your own variations. You guys are really the best!Print
Carrots fries are the best veggie fries ever! With the right amount of time and the right spices you will have the most delicious snack or side dish.
- about 600 grams for two people of fresh carrots (feel free to prepare less or more carrots)
- a teaspoon of extra virgine olive oil
- a dash of Celtic seasalt
- black pepper to taste
- a tablespoon of dried turmeric
- a good dash of dried ginger
- a teaspoon of dried garlic powder
- a teaspoon of dried marjoram
- a teaspoon of dried oregano
- a dash of rosemary
- one fresh orange, cut into slices
- optional: some fresh herbs (parsley) to garnish
- Clean your carrots and cut the first half horizontally. The two carrots you will then cut each in half and then in half again (vertically). In other words, cut the carrots in the shape of french fries. Put them in a bowl and add the oil and the dried herbs and spices. Mix well and place on a baking sheet. Let the carrots roast in the oven for about 30 minutes (180 celcius degrees), but this can take even longer (depending on your oven). During the last 10 minutes add the fresh orange slices on top of the carrots. You want the carrots to be soft on the inside and somewhat crunchy on the outside. I personally don’t like the taste when I bake them too short. Serve and enjoy or keep in the fridge for later!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)