Carrots fries are the best veggie fries ever! With the right amount of time and the right spices you will have the most delicious snack or side dish.
- about 600 grams for two people of fresh carrots (feel free to prepare less or more carrots)
- a teaspoon of extra virgine olive oil
- a dash of Celtic seasalt
- black pepper to taste
- a tablespoon of dried turmeric
- a good dash of dried ginger
- a teaspoon of dried garlic powder
- a teaspoon of dried marjoram
- a teaspoon of dried oregano
- a dash of rosemary
- one fresh orange, cut into slices
- optional: some fresh herbs (parsley) to garnish
- Clean your carrots and cut the first half horizontally. The two carrots you will then cut each in half and then in half again (vertically). In other words, cut the carrots in the shape of french fries. Put them in a bowl and add the oil and the dried herbs and spices. Mix well and place on a baking sheet. Let the carrots roast in the oven for about 30 minutes (180 celcius degrees), but this can take even longer (depending on your oven). During the last 10 minutes add the fresh orange slices on top of the carrots. You want the carrots to be soft on the inside and somewhat crunchy on the outside. I personally don’t like the taste when I bake them too short. Serve and enjoy or keep in the fridge for later!