This crunchy quinoa smoothie bowl contains a good amount of greens, but taste like a sweet crunchy breakfast porridge.
- for the green banana/hemp milk:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 big frozen bananas
- two big handful of parsley and spinach
- optional: a green powder such as chlorella or wheatgrass powder
- Add in:
- 4 tablespoons (or more) ofpopped/puffed quinoa
- half a cup of frozen raspberries
- a few frozen mango chunks
- a tablespoon of sliced almonds
- a teaspoon of chia seeds
- one tablespoon of cacao nibs
- a teaspoon of vanilla essence (or a dash of cinnamon)
- Blend the ingredients for the green banana/hemp milk and serve in a bowl. Use less water if you want to create a thicker smoothie. Top the bowl with the puffed quinoa (I added more later), the frozen fruits, sliced almonds, chia seeds and cacao nibs. Finish with vanilla essence.
Instead of hemp milk (water and hempseeds) you can also use water, almonds milk or coconut milk.