In case you missed it, last year was all about satiating my oatmeal cravings. Almost every day I enjoyed oatmeal, but I’m also a huge smoothie lover. What is it so much that I love about my oatmeal? I figured it’s mostly the toppings which are slightly sweet and crunchy. I can make a smoothie bowl like that with the same toppings, right? The idea for this crunchy quinoa smoothie bowl was the best idea this summer and I’m excited to share it with you.
This smoothie bowl contains a good amount of greens and fruit, but tastes like a sweet crunchy breakfast porridge.
What I’m basically doing is making a green milk, with tons of greens and a banana to sweeten it a bit. Then I’m serving it just like a porridge with toppings and all the things that I also love to add to my oatmeal porridge. You can keep it simple and only add popped quinoa, cacao nibs and some frozen raspberries, but I liked the texture of more fruits, sliced almonds and a hint of vanilla. I kept on adding a few tablespoons of popped quinoa while enjoying this bowl. It goes so well with this recipe.
Will you give this crunchy quinoa smoothie bowl a try? I would love to know in the comment section below or on Instagram with #thegreencreator
This crunchy quinoa smoothie bowl contains a good amount of greens, but taste like a sweet crunchy breakfast porridge.
- for the green banana/hemp milk:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 big frozen bananas
- two big handful of parsley and spinach
- optional: a green powder such as chlorella or wheatgrass powder
- Add in:
- 4 tablespoons (or more) ofpopped/puffed quinoa
- half a cup of frozen raspberries
- a few frozen mango chunks
- a tablespoon of sliced almonds
- a teaspoon of chia seeds
- one tablespoon of cacao nibs
- a teaspoon of vanilla essence (or a dash of cinnamon)
- Blend the ingredients for the green banana/hemp milk and serve in a bowl. Use less water if you want to create a thicker smoothie. Top the bowl with the puffed quinoa (I added more later), the frozen fruits, sliced almonds, chia seeds and cacao nibs. Finish with vanilla essence.
Instead of hemp milk (water and hempseeds) you can also use water, almonds milk or coconut milk.