The last months I’m all into oatmeal again and this leads to a lot of oatmeal experiments in the kitchen. This oatmeal porridge with grilled pear and roasted almond flakes is a recent favorite, but I created many more recipes that I love so if you want to see more oatmeal porridge recipes here, just let me know.
During the week I’m normally too busy with other recipe experiments, but in the weekend…oh my. The hubby and I get a bit competative in the kitchen with our oatmeal experiments. My favorites are the nutty oatmeal or the fruity ones, as long as they are a bit creamy and crunchy. The hubby however likes his oatmeal more watery, aka: oatmeal soup.
This recipe is one with warm (grilled) pear, but you can also add the pear (cold) as a topping. The roasted flaked almonds make all the different though. The roasting will give it an extra crunch and bite. Truly delicious!
I’d love to know what your favorite oatmeal version is. Creamy, fruity, nutty or perhaps you prefer your porridge with some cacao?
This oatmeal porridge with grilled pear and roasted almond flakes is deliciously crispy and sweet because of the added warm grilled pear. Delicious, crispy and a twist on the traditional oatmeal porridge with almonds.
- Place the oats with water in a small saucepan, heat it up until it boils and stir occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- After about 2 minutes (before all water is absorbed) add the almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In the meanwhile, grill the pear in a pan on high heat until soft and warm. Next to the pear grill the almond flakes. You don’t need to add water or oil to grill the almonds. The pear will release moisture which will prevent the almond flakes to burn quickly.
- When the oatmeal porridge is done, remove from heat and serve the porridge in a bowl.
- Add the grilled pear and almond flakes to the porridge as a topping.