This oatmeal porridge with grilled pear and roasted almond flakes is deliciously crispy and sweet because of the added warm grilled pear. Delicious, crispy and a twist on the traditional oatmeal porridge with almonds.
- Place the oats with water in a small saucepan, heat it up until it boils and stir occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- After about 2 minutes (before all water is absorbed) add the almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In the meanwhile, grill the pear in a pan on high heat until soft and warm. Next to the pear grill the almond flakes. You don’t need to add water or oil to grill the almonds. The pear will release moisture which will prevent the almond flakes to burn quickly.
- When the oatmeal porridge is done, remove from heat and serve the porridge in a bowl.
- Add the grilled pear and almond flakes to the porridge as a topping.