Introducing a simple recipe for homemade cashew milk! This 2-Ingredient Cashew Milk is creamy and easy to prepare. With the natural sweetness of cashews and a smooth, velvety texture, this homemade cashew milk can be enjoyed on its own, used in cooking and baking, or added to your favorite beverages.
Say goodbye to store-bought cashew milk and make your own with this quick and easy recipe that will surely become a staple in your kitchen!
Why You Should Try This Recipe
- Never run out of cashew milk again with this quick and easy 2-ingredient recipe that takes just 1 minute to make, ensuring a fresh batch of creamy homemade cashew milk at your fingertips.
- With just 2 simple ingredients – water, cashew butter, and a blender – making cashew milk at home is incredibly easy and quick, saving you time and effort compared to store-bought options.
- Making cashew milk at home can be more cost-effective compared to purchasing pre-made cashew milk from the store, allowing you to save money in the long run.
- When making your own cashew milk, you have full control over the ingredients and can customize it to your liking. You can adjust the sweetness, thickness, and flavor to suit your taste preferences.
- Cashew milk can be used in a wide range of recipes, including smoothies, desserts, sauces, soups, and more. It’s a versatile ingredient that can add creaminess and flavor to various dishes in your kitchen.
- Making cashew milk at home allows you to reduce packaging waste associated with store-bought options, making it an environmentally friendly choice.
- Cashew milk has a naturally creamy and smooth texture with a mild, slightly sweet taste. It can be a tasty addition to your morning coffee or oat porridge.
Ingredients and Substitutions
100% pure cashew butter – Use high-quality cashew butter made from 100% cashews without any added sugars or oils for the best results.
If you don’t have cashew butter on hand, you can also make your own by blending cashews in a food processor or blender until they turn into a creamy consistency.
Water – Use high-quality filtered water to ensure the best taste and freshness in your homemade almond milk.
A pinch of salt – Adding a small amount of salt can prevent the milk from tasting bland and it brings out the flavor of the milk.
Additionally, you can adjust the recipe to suit your taste preferences by adding sweeteners such as dates, maple syrup, or vanilla extract for added sweetness.
You can also easily substitute cashew butter with other nut or seed butters, such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter, to create different variations of homemade plant-based milk.
- The consistency of cashew milk can be easily customized by adjusting the water-to-cashew ratio. For a thicker and creamier milk, use less water. For a thinner and lighter milk, use more water. Start with the recommended ratio in the recipe and adjust to your preference.
- Unlike many store-bought plant-based milks, it’s important to note that this homemade cashew milk recipe does not contain additional nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D, or B. If you rely on these fortified nutrients in your milk, you may need to supplement your diet with other sources.
- If you also like to froth your milk, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to the blender when making cashew milk. This can help create a frothy texture similar to store-bought barista-style milk, perfect for lattes, cappuccinos, or other frothy drinks.
How to Make 2 Ingredient Cashew Milk
Step 1 – Before using cashew butter as an ingredient in your cashew milk recipe, give it a stir. This will help to evenly incorporate any oil that may have separated and settled on top of the jar.
Step 2– Add water and cashew Butter to blender. Adding water first helps to prevent the cashew butter from sticking to the blender jar. You can also add a pinch of salt, your preferred sweetener (if using), and any other desired add-ins at this stage.
Step 3 – Blend the mixture at a high speed for about a minute. The blending time may vary depending on the batch size, with larger batches requiring longer blending. The goal is to achieve a frothy and well-blended almond milk.
Step 4 – Taste the almond milk and adjust the consistency and sweetness to your preference. If you like a creamier consistency, you can add more almond butter. Similarly, if you prefer it sweeter, you can add more sweetener to taste.
- Vanilla extract – Add a splash of vanilla extract for a subtle, sweet flavor.
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle in some ground cinnamon for a warm and aromatic taste.
- Medjool dates – For natural sweetness, soak and blend a few pitted Medjool dates with the cashew milk.
- Maple syrup – Drizzle in some pure maple syrup for a rich and indulgent sweetness.
- Cocoa powder– Mix in cocoa powder for a chocolate-flavored cashew milk.
- Nutmeg – Grate in a pinch of nutmeg for a hint of warmth and spice.
- Coconut flakes – Blend in some shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Almond extract – Use almond extract for an extra almond flavor kick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this cashew milk in cooking or baking?
You can use cashew milk as a substitute for milk in cooking or baking recipes, such as smoothies, soups, sauces, and baked goods.
Can I store leftover cashew milk?
You can store leftover cashew milk in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Just give it a good shake before using, as it may separate upon standing.
Looking for more plant-based milk recipes?
Did you love this recipe? Leave a comment & rate it!
I appreciate your feedback a lot and it also helps others.
Want to stay up to date with all new mouth-watering recipes? Subscribe to The Green Creator newsletter and follow The Green Creator on Instagram and Facebook.
2-Ingredient Cashew Milk
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 1
- Total Time: 2
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Drinks, beverages
- Method: blender
- Diet: Vegan
You can save time and money by making this 2-ingredients cashew milk in just 1 minute. No need to soak the cashew nuts or strain after blending: so less hassle and less waste. Simply blend and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- Give your cashew butter a good stir to ensure it’s well incorporated.
- Add water followed by the cashew butter to your blender. Remember to add the water first. Optionally, add a pinch of salt and sweetener of your choice.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for about 1 minute or until well combined and frothy. Taste and adjust sweetness or saltiness if desired.
- Pour the cashew milk into serving glasses and enjoy or safe for later.
- If you prefer a creamier consistency, you can add more cashew butter to your preference. You can also adjust the thickness of the milk by adding more or less water during blending.
- Remember to shake the cashew milk before serving if it separates upon standing.
- Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the cashew milk by adding your preferred sweetener, such as agave syrup, maple syrup, or dates, to taste. Start with a small amount and adjust to your liking.
- The quality and type of cashew butter you use will impact the flavor and texture of the final cashew milk. Experiment with different brands or homemade cashew butter to find your preferred taste and consistency.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Cashew Milk
The links mentioned in the text are affiliate links, indicated by being underlined and bold.