This golden milk recipe is a creamy, easy one serving size recipe with ginger, turmeric, and a whole food fat instead of an oil. The perfect balance between spicy and sweet. A delicious comforting health promoting drink. This warming drink will only take a few minutes to make.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (other options are soy milk or oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sweetener of choice: 1 tablespoon date syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (other options are almond butter or coconut butter)
To a small saucepan, add unsweetened almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, vanilla, cashew butter, black pepper, and sweetener of choice.
I use a milk frother to whisk to combine while I heat the milk up over medium heat. Heat up for about 4 minutes until hot, but not boiling. Whisk frequently.
Turn off the heat and taste to adjust the taste if necessary. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for a more intense flavor.
Fresh is best, but any leftovers can be kept covered in the refrigerator for 2 days. Reheat on the stovetop until warm.
Keywords: beverage, drink, turmeric, golden milk