This easy and colorful oat porridge is delicious, filling and gets a nourishing update from turmeric, nuts, fruit and warming spices.
- half a cup / about 50 gr oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and / or cardamom
- a pinch of black pepper
- half a cup / about 100 ml of plantbased mylk
- half cup / about 100 ml of boiled water
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- sweet ingredients to taste: maple syrup, coconut sugar or date syrup
- topping options: more maple syrup, fruit, nuts / seeds
- GOLDEN MIXTURE:
- Mix the sweet ingredients, black pepper, salt, turmeric, cardamom and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir and then add the boiling water. Stir again.
- Combine the oats, mylk and golden mixture in a pan. Heat until the oats have the consistency that you like. Serve in a bowl and serve with fresh fruit, nuts and more sweet ingredients if you like.
Use gluten-free oats to make sure this recipe is really gluten-free.