Maybe for a few seconds (or minutes) you have no idea what you’re looking at in this picture. I totally understand. In terms of styling, this picture was somehow challenging. It looked the first time shooting like a savory rice recipe instead of a breakfast recipe. But recently I have been making this porridge recipe more often. I have made a breakfast recipe with turmeric before, but to be honest I prefer the ”winter edition” with warming herbs, nuts and berries. I was inspired by the beautiful recipes in Green Kitchen Travels including cacao powder, nut butters, lucuma and other delicious ingredients.
This recipe is the easiest breakfast ever and contains spicy flavors with cardamom, cinnamon and turmeric. Served with seasonal fruit of your choice: I love blueberries. You may have already guessed that this breakfast recipe is derived from the recipe for Ayurvedic golden mylk. And the effect is the same: comforting and warming.
Do you also love golden milk and / or oats ? Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram or Facebook.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: vegan, plant-based, glutenfree
This easy and colorful oat porridge is delicious, filling and gets a nourishing update from turmeric, nuts, fruit and warming spices.
- half a cup / about 50 gr oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and / or cardamom
- a pinch of black pepper
- half a cup / about 100 ml of plantbased mylk
- half cup / about 100 ml of boiled water
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- sweet ingredients to taste: maple syrup, coconut sugar or date syrup
- topping options: more maple syrup, fruit, nuts / seeds
- GOLDEN MIXTURE:
- Mix the sweet ingredients, black pepper, salt, turmeric, cardamom and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir and then add the boiling water. Stir again.
- Combine the oats, mylk and golden mixture in a pan. Heat until the oats have the consistency that you like. Serve in a bowl and serve with fresh fruit, nuts and more sweet ingredients if you like.
Use gluten-free oats to make sure this recipe is really gluten-free.