A warm and comforting golden turmeric milk (latte) with a hint of sweetness and spices.
- 2 cups (homemade) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 in water soaked Medjool date
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- small pinch of black pepper
- pinch of grated ginger (fresh is best)
- GOLDEN TURMERIC MILK
- Simply pour all ingredients into a small pan or heat resistant cup and bring to a light boil. Don’t walk away, because milk can boil fast! Whisk well to combine all ingredients. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, the longer it will simmer the stronger the flavors will be.
- Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, date etc. Serve warm with a dash of cinnamon if you wish.
- TURMERIC LATTE
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 1 minute. That’s it! Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil if you would like it a bit thicker like a traditional latte and if you want to enhance the absorption of turmeric even more.
- VARIATIONS ON GOLD MILK & LATTE:
- • Add 2 whole cardamom pods while the gold milk is boiling
- • Add 2 pieces of anise when serving
- • Use more maple syrup or Medjool dates if you like it sweet
- • Add vanilla extract to taste
* You can use whatever milk you prefer or even water, but I prefer coconut or almond milk.**If you use almondmilk like I did you could add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to make the milk a bit more warming and ”heavier”.*** Strain the milk if you’re left with chunks.
The longer you simmer the golden turmeric milk, the stronger the flavor is.