A not so typical green smoothie recipe. Delicious and refreshing with, among other things, parsley, banana, and ginger.
- 1/2 bunch parsley, only the leaves and tender stems
- 1 banana (use a frozen banana for a thicker smoothie)
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- a little piece of fresh ginger (don’t overdo it)*
- 1/2 cup of water or coconut water (add more for a thinner smoothie)
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or hempseeds
- juice of 1 lime
- optional: extra fruit such as frozen mango or pineapple
- Place the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend on high, adding more (coconut) water if needed. Blend until the smoothie is all smooth without any chunks. Pour into a glass and enjoy or save for later.
* Use the smallest amount of fresh ginger, just to give this smoothie a punch. Be careful not to add too much.
Keywords: green smoothie,