This Herbal Lentil Salad with Seaweed is an easy salad recipe. Without any added salt the toasted seaweed will give it that salty taste.
- one cup (25 grams) fresh herbs such as parsley and/or coriander
- 240 gram cooked (brown) lentils
- 2 roasted seaweed (nori) sheets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 of a big cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgine olive oil
- a dash of ground white peper
- juice of 1 lemon (or half a lemon if you wish)
- If you are cooking your own lentils start with that. Cook the lentils according to the package instructions. Once done, set aside and let cool off.
- Wash and cut the red bell pepper and cucumber in little chunks. Toss all in a bowl and mix.
- Cut up the herbs by making a little bundle of it and run your knife through it. You can also use a kitchen scissor instead.
- Add the herbs to the bowl with the red bell pepper and cucumber.
- Cut the avocado in half and cut little squares in each side. Spoon in out and add it to the bowl as well.
- Add the brown lentils. If you use lentils from a jar/can rinse and drain very well.
- Add the lentils to the bowl with the lemon juice.
- Fold the nori sheets in 3 to 4 squars and tear them in little pieces. Add them to the salad.
- Add the oil and white pepper to the salad as well and toss together.
- Serve or put in a container with a lid in the fridge to save for later.