Zucchini has never been so full with flavor as with this super quick recipe for marinated zucchini.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large or one small zucchini, washed and halved lengthwise or even split in three slices
- 1/2 clove garlic (I love more)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- A small handful fresh coriander, sliced (parsley or basil is also very nice)
- Work in batches if needed.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the zucchini cut side down in one layer in the hot skillet and grill until browned, about 4 minutes. Use a fork to turn the zucchini over, then cook them until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini to a plate.
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the zucchini and add the coriander leaves.
- Gently toss everything together. Let the zucchini marinate at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. Or let marinate longer in the refrigerator.
- Covered, marinated zucchini will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
- Room temperature, or cold both will taste amazing!
- Serving Size: 2-3