It’s unbelievable there are so little zucchini recipes on The Green Creator. I love zucchini. I have it always in my kitchen, because it stays fresh for quite a while. It’s so versatile! Raw, cooked, baked into muffins, spiralized, juiced or as a soup, I love it all.
There are so many reasons you want this squash in your kitchen. It will add more of everything: more flavor, texture, and variety.
This Marinated Zucchini is the simplest make-ahead side dish you will ever make. It’s bursting with flavor and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Yes, even if you’re not a zucchini lover, you’ll love this recipe! I promise!
There is absolutely no need to make zucchini more tasty and marinade it for hours before throwing it on the grill or in the pan or maybe you are pouring a sauce over your zucchini just to get some more flavor into your dish.
It’s much more simple than that. Just grill and marinate, and forget about it and when you are back (home) you will not believe how tasty zucchini can be!
As my mom always said: a lot of food tastes better the next day. In other words, food often tastes better when it sets a while. The flavors get a chance to develop with time.
Because this zucchini is already cooked or grilled, the marinade seeps in more quickly and better than if you would do it the other way around. The zucchini will become tender and aromatic, but still will have the structure and sweetness.Print
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Category: side dish, snack
- Cuisine: vegan, healthy, vegetarian
Zucchini has never been so full with flavor as with this super quick recipe for marinated zucchini.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large or one small zucchini, washed and halved lengthwise or even split in three slices
- 1/2 clove garlic (I love more)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- A small handful fresh coriander, sliced (parsley or basil is also very nice)
- Work in batches if needed.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the zucchini cut side down in one layer in the hot skillet and grill until browned, about 4 minutes. Use a fork to turn the zucchini over, then cook them until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini to a plate.
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the zucchini and add the coriander leaves.
- Gently toss everything together. Let the zucchini marinate at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. Or let marinate longer in the refrigerator.
- Covered, marinated zucchini will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
- Room temperature, or cold both will taste amazing!
- Serving Size: 2-3
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)