These oatmeal yogurt breakfasts jars with raspberry chia jam are a real treat with the protein balls from The Protein Ball Co. You can prepare everything the night before and the next morning you’ll have a delicious breakfast literally prepared within 5 minutes. Don’t forget to also bring some protein balls on the go for a healthy snack attack later in the day.
- 4 tablespoons of rolled oats per serving
- 4–5 tablespoons of plant-based yoghurt such as coconut- or soya yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds (other nuts or seeds are also delicious to use)
- ~ Raspberry Chia Jam ~
- 250 gr / about 2 cups (frozen) raspberries (other berries, apples, prunes or pears are also delicious in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2–3 tablespoon maple syrup (date syrup is also delicious)
- For the raspberry chia jam, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. If you use frozen raspberries, heat them briefly in a saucepan. You can puree the raspberries with a fork by stirring them well. You can also use whole pieces of raspberries in the jam. Then add all other ingredients and stir well. Set aside for 10-20 minutes or until you have a thick jam. If the raspberry chia jam is too dry, add a little bit more water. If you want to make the jam sweeter, you can also add more syrup. You can easily make this chia jam the night before. The chia jam can be stored in a refrigerator for about a week in a sealed jar or container.
- For every portion you start with the oatmeal. Then add the yogurt on top, the sunflower seeds, the raspberry chia jam, the protein balls and some more date syrup if you wish.