You probably have heard of it before: vegan ” energy balls ” or ” bliss balls ”. I think a bliss ball recipe was one of my very first snack recipes here on The Green Creator. I have tried quite a few energy balls and I noticed the recipes are all a bit similar. Dried fruit with nuts and an extra ingredient such as cocao powder. Not that long ago I stumbled upon a small family business,The Protein Ball Co. This is a company that works with 100% natural, simple and healthy ingredients. The creative couple behind this company rolls an average 120,000 energy balls per day with an extra ingredient that I haven’t added to any of my energy ball recipes before: a plant-based protein such as pea- and rice protein. The result? Delicious protein balls!
The Protein Ball Co.
The Protein Ball Co. was founded by the couple Matt and Hayley Hunt after they noticed it’s difficult to find healthy, on-the-go snacks with healthy proteins. They decided to start The Protein Ball Co. with delicious on-the-go protein snacks, perfect right before or after a workout. These delicious little balls are also great when you’re on the go or when you’re a fanatic runner, cyclist or when you feel you could use a boost. The Protein Ball Co. snacks contain basic ingredients with mainly dates and contain about 7 to 10 grams of protein per serving.
When I read extra added protein, I quickly think of large portions of extra protein such as a shake or a meal replacement. I’m personally not a fan of these type of foods. Even on a plant-based diet I easily meet my daily protein intake, but not all days are perfect and sometimes a little extra is great.
Plant-based protein such as pea- and rice protein contain fibers, are free of added sugars and gluten free too.
Four of The Protein Ball Co. balls are made with plant-based protein:
✓ Peanut Butter + Jam
✓ Raspberry Brownie
✓ Lemon + Pistachio
✓ Goji + Coconut
These little balls are delicious as a snack in the morning, late in the afternoon or as a addition to your breakfast. And that’s what we are going to make today with these oatmeal yogurt breakfast jars with raspberry chia jam and the vegan varieties of The Protein Ball Co. balls.
Are you going to try these cute little protein balls? As a snack or with your breakfast? I’d love to read it down here in the comment section or on Instagram with #thegreencreator.
These oatmeal yogurt breakfasts jars with raspberry chia jam are a real treat with the protein balls from The Protein Ball Co. You can prepare everything the night before and the next morning you’ll have a delicious breakfast literally prepared within 5 minutes. Don’t forget to also bring some protein balls on the go for a healthy snack attack later in the day.
- 4 tablespoons of rolled oats per serving
- 4–5 tablespoons of plant-based yoghurt such as coconut- or soya yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds (other nuts or seeds are also delicious to use)
- ~ Raspberry Chia Jam ~
- 250 gr / about 2 cups (frozen) raspberries (other berries, apples, prunes or pears are also delicious in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2–3 tablespoon maple syrup (date syrup is also delicious)
- For the raspberry chia jam, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. If you use frozen raspberries, heat them briefly in a saucepan. You can puree the raspberries with a fork by stirring them well. You can also use whole pieces of raspberries in the jam. Then add all other ingredients and stir well. Set aside for 10-20 minutes or until you have a thick jam. If the raspberry chia jam is too dry, add a little bit more water. If you want to make the jam sweeter, you can also add more syrup. You can easily make this chia jam the night before. The chia jam can be stored in a refrigerator for about a week in a sealed jar or container.
- For every portion you start with the oatmeal. Then add the yogurt on top, the sunflower seeds, the raspberry chia jam, the protein balls and some more date syrup if you wish.
This article was written in collaboration with The Protein Ball Co. Thank you for supporting brands like The Protein Ball Co. that are not only offering products that make me happy, but also help make The Green Creator possible. All text and opinions are 100% my own.