The most unique combinations can be made when it comes to healthy sweet recipes. We know the avocado ice cream, brownies of dark beans such as kidney beans or sweet recipes with chickpeas. It sounds really strange, but the taste is delicious. Often dates are an important ingredient in these type of recipes, simply because dates happen to be really great to make healthy sweet recipes with. These are the best sweet potato brownies, mainly because of the delicious Medjool dates.
A recipe with sweet potatoes and dates is a match made in heaven.
Sweet potato brownies
These delicious sweet potato brownies with a subtle vanilla flavor are divine!
Just a little warning in advance, this is not something you‘ll want to share because these are the most tastiest, sweetest, softest chocolate brownies you’ve ever tasted! Sharing is not an option.
Can you believe these brownies are free of refined processed sugars, milk or butter? They only contain natural healthy ingredients.
With this mix of ingredients you can actually make a lot of recipes, such as muffins or pancakes. Yum!
Why are sweet potatoes so amazing?
Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals, such as:
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin K and B6
• Magnesium and potassium
Sweet potatoes also contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and are loaded with fiber that helps our digestive system and brings the blood sugar in balance. They’re a good meal after a work out since sweet potatoes are a rich source of easily digestible carbohydrates.
What about the other ingredients? They’re also amazing. Raw cacao for example is full of antioxidants and magnesium (perfect if you work out, have stress or suffer from headaches).
The brownies will be perfect for up to a week! But you’ll never know, because these brownies are gone in just a few hours …..So addictive!
The Best Sweet Potato Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 14 1x
- Category: snack, sweet, vegan
- Cuisine: vegan, plantbased, glutenfree
These sweet potato brownies are made with wholesome ingredients. They are comforting, perfectly moist and sweet, and easy to make.
- 2 to 3 medium to large sweet potatoes (about 550 g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (slightly less than 100g almonds- I bought whole almonds and grinded them myself)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (about 100 g)
- 15 medjool dates (pitted)
- 4 full tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (liquid honey is also allowed)
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Careful with the nutmeg!
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder (syrup is also ok)
- Begin with pre-heating the oven to 150 ° C (302 °F), meanwhile peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into large pieces and place them in a steamer for about twenty minutes, until they are really soft.
- Once they are perfectly tender and almost falling apart, you will then need to blend the sweet potatoes along with the dates in a food processor. This will create a delicious creamy thick mixture. I dare you to try not to taste this!
- Put the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to this the dates and sweet potato mixture. Mix and stir well with a large spoon.
- Place the mixture into a lined baking dish.
- Bake for about forty minutes at 302 °F. You’ll know the brownies are done when you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes. If you skip this part, they will not be firm and sticky. Cut into pieces and serve!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)