If you love cake/banana bread, but also love an easy one-bowl recipe you will love this filling and fluffy banana bread recipe.
- 4 large over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup (125 g) of almonds/walnuts
- 2 cups (250 g) of pecans
- 1 cup (120 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (175 g ) Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- half a teaspoon baking powder
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 145C. Then blend all the nuts in a food processor so that they form a flour. I noticed when I try to do this in a blender it becomes a butter so I would recommend a food processor.
- Once it’s smooth add all the other ingredients to the food processor mixing them all together.
- At this point the mixture should be really nice and sticky.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and then pour in the mix and allow it to bake for about an hour at about 175 Celsius degrees/ 350 ℉. Sometimes 45 minutes will even do. It really depends on your oven. Keep checking after 40 minutes so it will not burn.
- Let it cool off for about an hour (that is if you can wait) and enjoy!