When I see a bunch of ripe bananas I think of smoothies or ice cream, but sometimes it’s a delicious banana bread what I crave. Actually, I’m surprised myself that I never shared this recipe before. Although it’s a banana bread, for me it’s actually more a delicious cake. It’s amazing and so easy to make. You actually only need one (food processor) bowl to mix it all.
I love this cake especially with a warm chai latte or after my breakfast smoothie. Either plain or with a bit of almond butter or a sweet spread such as date paste: it’s always yummy.
I love the perfect subtle sweet taste thanks to the bananas and dates. Of course you can add any other spices as you wish, but I love the taste of cinnamon. The chia seeds give this bread a very nice ”crunch”. It reminds me of poppy seeds.
This loaf is very easy to make and convenient to keep stored for when you are after something that is filling and sweet, but not too sweet.
One-bowl Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 1 bread 1x
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Cuisine: vegan, plantbased, glutenfree, dairyfree
If you love cake/banana bread, but also love an easy one-bowl recipe you will love this filling and fluffy banana bread recipe.
- 4 large over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup (125 g) of almonds/walnuts
- 2 cups (250 g) of pecans
- 1 cup (120 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (175 g ) Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- half a teaspoon baking powder
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 145C. Then blend all the nuts in a food processor so that they form a flour. I noticed when I try to do this in a blender it becomes a butter so I would recommend a food processor.
- Once it’s smooth add all the other ingredients to the food processor mixing them all together.
- At this point the mixture should be really nice and sticky.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and then pour in the mix and allow it to bake for about an hour at about 175 Celsius degrees/ 350 ℉. Sometimes 45 minutes will even do. It really depends on your oven. Keep checking after 40 minutes so it will not burn.
- Let it cool off for about an hour (that is if you can wait) and enjoy!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)