This sweet passion fruit martini cocktail (also known as Pornstar Martini Mocktail) is the most popular modern non-alcoholic drink with passion fruit, lime juice, and vanilla.
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml passion fruit puree (2 big fresh passion fruits)
- 3 tablespoons / 45 ml passion fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml vanilla syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon / 7 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Ice cubes to fill the cocktail shaker 3/4
- Half a passion fruit to garnish the drink
Slice the passion fruits open in half.
Place a small fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl or glass. Remove the passion fruit seeds and pulp in the sieve with a teaspoon. Let it strain in the bowl or glass. Do the same with the other passion fruit until you have 2 tablespoons / 30 ml passion fruit puree. It may help to stir or push the seeds and pulp through the sieve to ensure all passion fruit puree is strained. See the video and photos above for visual instructions.
Add the passion fruit puree to a cocktail shaker. Next, add the passion fruit juice and pineapple juice to the shaker with vanilla syrup, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar (optional). The apple cider vinegar will give it a tangier flavor, but it is optional.
Finally, add large ice cubes until the cocktail shaker is about 3/4 filled with ice cubes.
Close the cocktail shaker and shake for about 30-60 seconds to ensure the drink is served cool (without ice cubes).
Double strain the drink with the built-in sieve from the cocktail shaker and a small fine-mesh sieve. If you don’t use a cocktail shaker, strain the drink twice through a fine-mesh sieve.
This drink is served in a Martini coupe glass garnished with half a passion fruit floating in the drink.
- Serve the drink with a non-alcoholic Champagne sidecar. These days prosecco makes good alternatives to Champagne that is non-alcoholic. Alternatively, you can serve it with non-alcoholic vodka or non-alcoholic sparkling wine.
- You can make the passion fruit puree ahead and keep the passion fruit puree in the fridge for later.
- The bigger the ice cubes, the better, and the more vigorously and shorter you shake, the better. Stirring the drink with ice cubes will not be enough for this drink. The key to cooling this drink (without diluting it with melted ice cubes/water) is to use big ice cubes and to shake it well and not too long to prevent the ice cubes from melting.
- This drink is accessible as I could easily make it without a cocktail shaker with a built-in strainer. Any jar with a lid will work, and a simple small fine-mesh sieve will work well if you strain the drink twice before serving it to ensure the perfect consistency.