Delicious layers of almond butter jelly kind of thickness with a cold banana ice cream/soft serve that will remind you of a thick vanilla milkshake. An ideal combination with the subtle flavor of the warm juicy raspberries.
- FOR THE RASPBERRY LAYER:
- 4 tablespoons raspberries, frozen (or fresh)
- 1–2 teaspoons natural sweetener of choice, I used coconut sugar from Royal Green
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- FOR THE ALMOND-VANILLA SHAKE
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced
- 200–250 ml almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1–2 teaspoons natural sweetener of choice, e.g. pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional toppings:
- chia seeds
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a small saucepan heat up the raspberries together with the natural sweetener, chia seeds and water until the berries are soft and warm. Let it cool off a bit and let the chia seeds become a bit jelly.
- Meanwhile, thaw the frozen banana slices for a few minutes.
- Then add the banana, almond milk, almond butter, sweetener and vanilla extract into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the warm raspberries into a jar, top with the creamy and thick almond vanilla shake. Give it a quick stir and serve immediately with a spoon.