How can a healthy plant based life style be boring when you can have such a colorful shake for breakfast? Recipes like this raspberry almond vanilla shake are a guarantee for an amazing new day full of energy and a smooth digestion.
I think in this case, a picture says more than 1000 words, but let me try to explain to you how this amazing layered raspberry almond vanilla shake tastes. Delicious layers of almond butter jelly kind of thickness with a cold banana ice cream/soft serve that will remind you of a thick vanilla milkshake with a subtle taste of juicy raspberries. No matter how you layer or present this, this recipe can’t go wrong.
You could easily make your own almond butter yourself. I think nut butters are especially delicious for breakfast bowls or smoothies. A while ago I received some emails asking where to buy a good jar of almond butter. To be honest, I make a lot of almond butter myself, because it has the best taste than any store bought. So just let me know if you want me to write a recipe about how I make my own almond butter. It’s such a huge difference to the store bought almond butter and it tastes so much better! Plus, you can decide yourself what goes in the butter. No unnecessary preservatives, oils or refined sugars.
I normally use Medjool dates or maple syrup to sweeten my recipes. But recently I’m into coconut blossom sugar again. Of course, you can use whatever you like or even leave it out.
This raspberry almond vanilla shake is delicious and a recent favorite. Please let me know if you love it as much as I do 🙂Print
Raspberry Almond Vanilla Shake
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: smoothie, drink, breakfast, snack, sweet, dessert
- Cuisine: vegan, healthy, plant based, sugarfree, dairy free, gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian
Delicious layers of almond butter jelly kind of thickness with a cold banana ice cream/soft serve that will remind you of a thick vanilla milkshake. An ideal combination with the subtle flavor of the warm juicy raspberries.
- FOR THE RASPBERRY LAYER:
- 4 tablespoons raspberries, frozen (or fresh)
- 1–2 teaspoons natural sweetener of choice, I used coconut sugar from Royal Green
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- FOR THE ALMOND-VANILLA SHAKE
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced
- 200–250 ml almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1–2 teaspoons natural sweetener of choice, e.g. pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional toppings:
- chia seeds
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a small saucepan heat up the raspberries together with the natural sweetener, chia seeds and water until the berries are soft and warm. Let it cool off a bit and let the chia seeds become a bit jelly.
- Meanwhile, thaw the frozen banana slices for a few minutes.
- Then add the banana, almond milk, almond butter, sweetener and vanilla extract into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the warm raspberries into a jar, top with the creamy and thick almond vanilla shake. Give it a quick stir and serve immediately with a spoon.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)