An amazing, hearty salad with crispy roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas, a light and fresh tomato salad and a simple sweet mustard dressing.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- FOR THE SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEAS:
- 1 big sweet potato ( 350 grams), cut in chunks
- 240 grams cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp red paprika powder
- a few dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1–2 tsp dried curry powder
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in small chinks
- ½ red onion, diced
- a handful of herbs of choice
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- FOR THE SWEET MUSTARD DRESSING:
- 150 gr plant-based yogurt such as soy yogurt
- 2 tsp / 17 grams mustard sauce
- Sugar to taste, such as date syrup, xylitol or maple syrup. I used 1 teaspoon xylitol.
- Preheat oven to 350 °Fahrenheit (180 ° Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment baking paper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the lined baking sheet. After 5-10 minutes add the chickpeas and the spices. You can use oil if you wish.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Wash, cut and combien all the ingredients. I used apple cider vinegar for the salad, but you can also use the juice of half a lemon.
- In the meantime, prepare the sweet mustard dressing by mixing the yogurt, mustard sauce and a sweet ingredient in a small bowl.
- After 10 minutes, toss the chickpeas and flip the sweet potatoes to ensure even baking.
- Rinse the quinoa and boil in twice the amount of water for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Optional: add a vegetable bouillon cube while the quinoa is cooking for extra flavor.
- After about 20-25 minutes the sweet potatoes and chickpeas should be nice and crispy.
- In a bowl place the roasted sweet potatoes with chickpeas, together with the quinoa and tomato salad. Top with a generous amount of dressing. Or serve the dressing aside.