This veggie split pea soup is great to make in batches and a great way to use all those leftover veggies you may have in your fridge.
- 1 cup (200 g) split green peas
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped and peeled
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (frozen) green peas
- one long red paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- fresh greens and herbs (for serving)
- Place all of your ingredients in the Instant Pot and set to cook for 40 minutes on high pressure with a natural release.
- If you are making this soup on the stovetop, place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook 1 hour. Also use about 200 ml more water.
- Serve with fresh greens or herbs.