This recipe is such an easy and quick veggie soup to make. It’s our favorite fall soup this year! It’s a great soup to make in your Instant Pot if you have one, but this recipe can of course also be made on a stove top. This veggie split pea soup is great to make in batches and a good way to use all those leftover veggies you may have in your fridge.
I wrote about the Instant Pot already here and some of you wanted to see a recipe with the Instant Pot. However, just like you can make this recipe on a stove top, it also works the other way around for many other recipes. I often make recipes in my Instant Pot without even mentioning my Instant Pot. I find that the only difference is the amount of water that you’ll need to use. In a ”normal pan” you might use a bit more water for example since this is evaporating while boiling. In the beginning I always made the mistake in the Instant Pot to add too much water. You learn by doing, right?
This is really the easiest recipe ever! So I hope you gonna give it a try. If so, leave a comment below or let me know on Facebook or Instagram. Oh and don’t forget to tag your picture #thegreencreator on Instagram. Print
This veggie split pea soup is great to make in batches and a great way to use all those leftover veggies you may have in your fridge.
- 1 cup (200 g) split green peas
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped and peeled
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (frozen) green peas
- one long red paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- fresh greens and herbs (for serving)
- Place all of your ingredients in the Instant Pot and set to cook for 40 minutes on high pressure with a natural release.
- If you are making this soup on the stovetop, place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook 1 hour. Also use about 200 ml more water.
- Serve with fresh greens or herbs.