Have you ever combined chickpeas with dill and nori? When I made this recipe the first time I thought this would most likely not be a recipe that I would make ever again. I was wrong.
This recipe turns out to be a super fast and nourishing snack or side dish and I have already made it several times. I can’t believe how simple and tasty this chickpeas nori salad with dill is with only a few whole food plant-based ingredients.
This salad is a delicious snack, small lunch or a great side dish. I personally like it most as a savory snack.
I love the taste of the raw onion in this recipe, but if that’s not your cup of tea feel free to leave the raw onion out of this salad or replace it with a sweet onion or spring onion. The raw onion however in combination with the crunchiness of the nori (read more about seaweed and iodine here) is amazing. Oh, and the dill is taste wise just a total surprise and not something I normally use in recipes with nori, but oh so delicious!
I hope you will give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of this snack/salad/side dish on Instagram or Facebook. If you make a picture on Instagram don’t forget to tag #thegreencreator since I’m sharing ALL of your creations now under the highlights ”recipes you love”.Print
Chickpeas Nori Salad with Dill
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: lunch, side, salad, snack,
- Cuisine: vegan, plant-based, oilfree, glutenfree, vegetarian
This Chickpeas Nori Salad with Dill makes a great snack or side dish. The combination of chickpeas, dill and nori is a surprisingly delicious combination.
- 1 sweet white onion, cut in small chunks
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, (the long one) diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dille (or half a teaspoon dried dille)
- 220 gr (about 1 1/2 cups) cooked chickpeas
- 1–2 teaspoons mild mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 nori sheets, torn in squares
- Cook the chickpeas according to the instructions.
- Since this is a quick salad recipe I used organic chickpeas from a jar.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- Cut and wash the tomatoes adn red bell pepper and cut in halves.
- Dice the onion.
- Wash and cut the dill.
- Add everything to the bowl with the chickpeas and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and taste if you need more pepper or onion powder.
- Add more apple cider vinegar if you feel the salad needs a bit more of a punch.
- Serve with nori squares.