When you really don’t have time to prepare a healthy meal this delicious bowl with lentils, grilled onions and red peppers is for you. If you have some cooked buckwheat in the fridge (which is really worth having) then this bowl is ready in just minutes. I always cook buckwheat for the whole week. Perfect for this lentil bowl with grilled onions and red pepper.
Although it seems like I’m constantly in the kitchen, my days are sometimes packed with other activities that don’t require a pan or knife. I enjoy every minute of it, but after a long day I’m not willing to spend hours in the kitchen to cook for myself. These kind of bowl are godsend. Quick, filling, healthy and ready in less than 15 minutes.
It may look weird (color wise) to combine buckwheat with lentils, but the combination of carbs and proteins ensures that this is a filling bowl. The dressing with the lime and cilantro makes this a delicious meal.
If you are going to try this recipe, I would love to know! Leave a comment below, rate the recipe or tag your photos on Instagram #thegreencreator.
- five tablespoons of cooked buckwheat
- a glass jar of organic lentils (about 250 grams)
- one onion
- a clove of fresh garlic
- three red peppers
- half a lime
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt
- a tablespoon olive oil
- a teaspoon coconut oil
- coriander as much as you want
- Cut the onions, garlic and peppers into pieces and grill it with a teaspoon of coconut oil over high heat. Usually I'll first start with the onions and then I will add the paprika and the garlic. This may take about 5 minutes, depending on the pan you're using.
- In a separate bowl stir the buckwheat and lentils together with the olive oil, salt, and lime.
- Then add the hot ingredients as well. Stir well with the fresh coriander.
photos and text by the green creator (c) (copyright)