Just because it’s warm outside doesn’t mean I stopped drinking tea. I still enjoy a cup of warm tea in the evening as a way to relax, but the tea lover that I am, I also enjoy drinking a colder version of my favorite tea. I love green tea and white tea, but my newest obsession is nettle tea. Especially for an iced version I think it’s amazing! No reason to go for an iced tea that is loaded with refined sugars. I will show you just how easy it is to make a homemade iced tea that is delicious, sweet and full with amazing health boosting ingredients.
It is said that once a Tibetan saint lived on nothing but nettles for decades of meditation. I wouldn’t try that out myself, but I can sure agree with the immense health benefits of nettle tea. It’s so much more than just a weed. Nettle has many health benefits and has anti-inflammtory benefits.
I buy my organic nettle tea bags at my local whole food store or online. They should be easily available.
The cloves are not just a pretty decoration in this recipe. Clove are not only antimicrobial, but they also contain a variety of flavonoids which contribute to cloves anti-inflammatory (and antioxidant) properties. source
But let’s be honest. This iced nettle tea is just delicious and sweet and will lessen your thirst on a hot summer day much better than any conventional sugar loaded iced tea out there.
Just be sure to check with your doctor since nettle can interfere with certain pharmaceuticals.Print
A delicious sweet nettle iced tea. A sugar free cold drink that is perfect for a hot summer day. Full with amazing health boosting ingredients.
- 1 tsp / 1 teabag nettle tea
- 200 ml / 0.8 cups boiling water
- 2 dates (or more if you like the tea sweeter)
- 2 slices of lime or lemon
- ice cubes
- cold water
- steep the tea in the just boiled water for five minutes then remove the teabag and let the tea cool off
- inthe meanwhile cut the dates into little chunks and slices the lemon.
- put the cloves in the lemon
- when the tea is cooled off add a handful of ice cubes, the lime / lemon and dates
- fill up with ice cold water and keep in fridge
- add more ice cubes if you wish
- give it a good stir before serving and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)