One of my favorite root vegetable is sweet potato. They’re filling, sweet and are an incredible source of vitamin A. They’re easy to prepare and you can even juice them (raw, with the peel). Sweet potatoes are definitely a staple in my pantry and should be considered a “superfood”.
They’re so many ways you can enjoy this sweet root veggie. Baked, roasted, steamed, mashed, pureed, in a soup, in pies, baked goods, pancakes, cookies. With tahini and cinnamon you get a classic sweet, salty and filling dish.
This Quick Sweet Potato dish looks very complicating, but it’s super simple. When you own a food processor or a rasp you can make this dish in less than 15 minutes.
Are sweet potatoes healthy?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are full with vitamins and minerals, such as:
• Fiber (200 gram contains 7g fiber)
• Protein (200 gram contains 4g protein)
• Carbohydrates (200 gram contains 40g carbohydrate)
• Vitamin A (lots of them!). Since vitamin A is fat soluble, so best is to have a little fat source with them, such as tahini .
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin B5 and B6
Sweet potatoes also contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients, and are loaded with fiber which helps our digestive health and manages blood sugars. They’re a great post-workout food, as sweet potatoes contain a rich source of easy digestible carbohydrates, fiber, and potassium.
For a big bowl of this Quick Sweet Potato dish you’ll need the following ingredients.
- two big sweet potatoes
- one onion
- a little handful of organic corn
- parsley (as much as you desire)
- one teaspoon of tahini
- half a teaspoon of turmeric
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt and pepper
- a table spoon of nutritional yeast
- a food processor or grater
Let’s get started.
In a food processor mix the sweet potatoes and onions until they are crumbled.
In a pan heat the coconut oil and add the crumbled sweet potatoes and onion. Stir until they become nice brown and soft. Add the turmeric, salt, pepper and corn. Stir until all is mixed well.
After that place on a plate or in a bowl and add the tahini. Mix with a tablespoon and finish the dish with some parleys and nutritional yeast. Super fast and very tasty!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)