Almost every day I enjoy a piece of dark chocolate. So it makes absolute sense for me to create this 3 ingredient chocolate oatmeal recipe. And what might be a bonus for those who find dark chocolate too bitter is that this 3 ingredient chocolate oatmeal recipe can be a good way to get used to the taste.
The funny thing is that as a child I actually considered pure dark chocolate the most horrible thing ever made in a chocolate factory. Times have sure changed. A good dark chocolate is amazing and actually quite satisfying. And oats are one of my favorite pantry staples. I love this oatmeal recipe, but chocolate oatmeal is something I recently tried and I love it.
By adding just 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate to your oats you’ll get the most delicious dessert like chocolate oatmeal breakfast ever. A true chocolate delight with just 3 ingredients.
I hope you will give this 3 ingredient chocolate oatmeal recipe a try. Let me know what you think of these oats on Instagram or Facebook. If you make a picture on Instagram don’t forget to tag #thegreencreator. I’d love to see your chocolate oatmeal bowl.Print
This Chocolate Oatmeal recipe with only 3 ingredients is quick and easy to make. A delicious dessert-like breakfast option.
- ½ cup (60 gr) rolled oats
- 1 cup oat milk
- dark unsweetened chocolate (I go for at least 85%), about two squares
- optional toppings: fresh fruits such as berries and bananas, seeds, nuts and more chocolate
- Heat up the oats in a pan on medium heat. You could start with a bit of water and then slowly add the oat milk or add the oat milk all in once. When the oats are soft add the chocolate and let it melt.
- Serve with optional toppings.
If dark chocolate is too bitter for you, feel free to add a sweetener, such as maple syrup.
Keywords: oatmeal, breakfast, chocolate